Any good manager knows that it does not take hundreds of reports to run your business. But having the right. And these key reports must evolve with the company.
There are essentially 2 types of reports that every business benefits from:
1) The reports generated for the purpose of analyzing large-scale data. These are commonly known as data mining reports and perform tasks such as cluster analysis and anomaly detection.
2) The reports generated to track the results of the primary objectives. These are known as performance reports, for example.
There never seems to be a shortage in demand for data mining. Who can resist the benefits of discovering new anomalies or new vision? Large sums of money are spent on buying these systems. Even large sums are spent year after year in labor to design queries and programs for working with data mining systems.
In our constant struggle to maintain or grow our market share, we do well to invest some money in some kind of “data mining”. However, if left unattended this could turn into a money pit. His appeal of many revenue-generating and cost reduction discoveries can seduce you until your return on investment becomes nonexistent.
You can safeguard your investment to be aware of the following:
a) The lack of basic understanding of corporate objectives
b) Disconnected objectives frontline
c) inconsistent and contradictory goals
d) Conflicts meta interdepartmental
e) The lack of principled leadership
f) Lack of clearly defined objectives
The existence of these weaknesses will spiral costs of mining out of control. Wherever in countless meetings where people discuss specific orientation without the need for a report. Instead we are tempted to put strict rules for people to follow before making requests – these rules can drown their best problem solvers.
Companies with smaller budgets can not benefit from data mining, but they are also protected from the additional costs incurred.
On the other hand, fortunately, all companies with live performance reports. Unfortunately, they also suffer from the same problems that reports data mining created. Many companies have their own internal like the group has mining developers.
Because businesses evolve and their markets are constantly changing, business managers and executives rely heavily on practical insights provided by both types of reports.
So the demand for changes and additions will never cease.
How you can increase flexibility and reduce the costs of having new or modified reports?
1) Clear goals first line connected to the top executives.
2) Effective communication plans.
3) Efficient guidelines report request but flexible.
4) Do not underestimate the benefit of a problem-solving approach to structured corporate level. (There are great day courses offered in your city.)
5) The use of third-party reporting software that leverages the benefits of mining and reporting performance data, providing complete flexibility to any non-programmer in the company to generate their own analyzes or reports, if they see fit.
If you can not measure it, you can not manage. This is true for all aspects of our business. Remember also applies to expenditure for your needs data extraction and reporting requirement.